Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week 29

FAMILY!!!!

We have been answered!!!! The Lord blessed a family with a baptismal date for Saturday, 7 March 2009! They are the Bustamante Family with Jacquie(mom), Brandy(13), and Andrew(11). We were just speaking last night about this and it is amazing to see what just a little bit of the Spirit thrown in the face is able to do to a person. We have been teaching them for about 4 weeks and it is amazing to see the joy and light of Christ appear in their eyes. Sometimes it's harder with Andrew because he has high functioning autism and he is hilarious. But you can see it in him when he listens and responds. Brandy has some worries because she believes that she has not received an answer from the Spirit about the Book of Mormon. No worries, we are going to hit with a bunch of Spirit tonight with some members that are their friends, who are converts and amazing and the Father is in the Stake Presidency so , pretty much it will be awesome.

My lungs are still crappy, I am coughing up a whole mess of fun stuff everyday and sounding like I have smoked a pack a day for my whole life.

I am in Isaiah right now in the Bible and I think I have never understood that book ever like I am now. If you want to understand it, I suggest going on a mission or just becoming an Apostle or Prophet. But it is amazing to read about our day and what is still to come from a book that was written so long ago. Anyways love all of you. I live alone in a big dreary apartment with a Canadian so it has been interesting. (IM going insane) but we re having success.

Elder Jimmie G. Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment