Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 60

?Hola mis familiares como estan?


Life is going good... our new apartment is way clean and nice and after all that work I get to stay there for at least six more weeks with the start of the new transfer today. We have lost all our baptismal dates and investigators so we get to do lots of knocking and running by old referrals and potentials. Pretty much missionary stuff that isn't too exciting from the outsiders view. Yesterday was a good for me b/c I went on splits with the Zone Leaders to their area and they are in a Spanish ward and I finally was able to teach in Spanish after all this time not being able to do so. I had a great time working with the Latin people because quite frankly they are generally nicer than juerros (white people) and I got to eat amazing good food and ya the day was awesome.

I was sad to hear a couple of General Authorities were released b/c I had a small connection to them. Elder Mask and Elder Douglas Callister from the Second quorum of the Seventy were released. Elder Douglas Callister had toured our mission last September and I was listening to Elder Mask speak the night that Pres Hinckley died. So it was interesting to hear that both of them are being released.

Elder Baldwin was attacked by a pit bull yesterday and he was with Elder Danesh my companion on splits. So as they were talking with a guy a pit bull come charging at them and Elder Danesh grabs Elder Baldwin and uses him as a shield and hides and wouldn't let Elder Baldwin go. But nothing really happen the dog barely bit him and no wound or anything. So that is a funny story for the week and about my little boy in the mission.
Love

Elder Jimmie G. Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment