Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We are so very proud of Jimmie right now and am so very grateful to have someone who wrote to me and told me how much she loves and respects Elder Watkins. I have 3 Facebook friends from Jimmie's mission who have kept me informed about his work. But this email I am going to post is indicative of the comments we have received from many in Southern California.... I must preface by asking, "please forgive my pride in my son right now"!

...here in Southern California is just absolutely wonderful. He wanted me to email you and say "HI, MOM!" and though you do not know me, I just wanted you to know what a pleasure it was that he was in our city (Los Alamitos) and what a wonderful missionary he is. I am going to miss him greatly because he truly is such a nice, wholesome young man. He truly is called to serve and is serving with all his might and mind.

He came by our home last night to say good bye. He is being transfered to another city here in Southern Cal. I'm certain all missions have good missionaries, but there are exceptions even amongst missionaries, good ones and great ones. You respect them all because of their calling. There are those few, however, whom touch your heart because they are exceptional in their calling, your son is amongst them. I am not currently active in your church, but your son has always cared about how he carried himself in our home and the Christlike Spirit he exemplified. He truly is an obedient missionary. We just really loved him for being such an exemplary young man. I see a lot of students on a daily basis here at the university, but none of the young people I see have the light of Christ so apparent as your son. His companion, Elder Seitz is also just as wonderful and wholesome as Elder Watkins. Your son is a very special young man and I will miss his visits to our home.

Just wanted to let you know what a wonderful young man I think he is. Hope you have a wonderful day. (boy this helped)

Sincerely, Marie !

1 comment:

  1. It has been a loooong while since I've peeked in on Jimmie. It has been so heartwarming to get caught up on all that is happening in his life as missionary of the Lord. This post just tugged at my heart. You've done an amazing job in preparing him for such a time as this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete