Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 51

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....O!

So I have cool news.... I am training a greenie starting today. He is from Guyana in South America! This is way awesome, his name is Elder Danesh. His full name is Danesh and nothing else so it is pretty easy to remember. I am way excited to do this and it will help us both out. I dont know what President was thinking putting a greenie with me, if I were him I would keep them away from me. Just playing I really am excited and finally I can just have a normal transfer for the next 4 weeks and not have anything else go weird on me for all I know.

The Buena Park area is great we had an awesome experience yesterday. For some reason I felt that we should go ride on the bikes for the day so we rode on the bikes while we worked and we met a lot of good people and I actually like it better for the fact that we talk to lots more people than we would if we were just in the car. But as we were going home I accidentally took the wrong street and I was like DANG It! but something told me keep on going and so I did even though it was the longer way home. As I stopped at the next light to cross some crazy blonde lady rolled down her window in backed up traffic and told me to ride out in the middle of traffic and go talk to her. I was yelled at her and said YA RIGHT IM NOT STUPID! Then she said no meet me in the parking lot next to where we were. So we met her and she told us to talk to her friend in the car and we met her and she was super nice and wanted to say a prayer for her. As we got done she asked us if we wanted lunch so she bought us lunch and and we taught her the first lesson right there in the COFFEE/ sandwhich shop and she was moved by it and it so happened that her friend was a member and that she had just visited a ward in Huntington Beach on Sunday for the first time ever. She is now getting in contact with the missionaries in San Juan Capistrano. It is amazing how the Lord puts us where he needs us and guides us to His children who are ready. pretty much the church is true!

Elder Jimmie G. Watkins

ps: yes my comp is black

No comments:

Post a Comment