Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 22

HELLO!

This week has been great. We had success in finding 6 new investigators. Including an amazing "GOLDEN" family that we hope is going to progress towards baptism. Not much goes on in this area like it did down in the Hood of Long Beach. But this week I started in the book of Job in the Old Testament and I have learned so much from the Old Testament and suprisingly from the few chapters that I have read in Job. If you ever think you have it bad, go read the book of Job and see what faith he had and hope of the Savior. Then you will not be sad anymore.

My companion is great, he has taught me patience and I do not think he knows it! He is kind of a late bloomer in the morning and kind of a quick runner at night towards his bed. He also does not grasp many things about being presentable so I have learned what I need to improve on in that area. Anyways he is teaching me a lot and I am learning a lot from him. He is also from Utah, so of course he knows a whole lot about the church. But we are having fun because I am now the driver of the car so the car and the passengers are safe. My Spanish is still pretty good surprisingly we have used it everyother day here so this has been fun.

Love ya and miss you all!
Elder Jimmie G. Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment